aboutchatlinksarchives


Monday, March 14, 2011
A play, tea, and good times. @ 4:55 AM

14 March 2011




AND 6TH MARCH 2011 WAS A GREAT TIME BECAUSE....







Best FB profile picture, I'm sticking with this.


*until Wen Kai uploads his share and THEN we'll see.












Enlightenment.
























Multi-racial, multi-religious friendship. :)






I just love this picture for some funny reason.



Fantastic tea at Coffee Bean. Chocolate Of A Thousand Leaves cake is like amalgamated (?) Kinder Bueno and plain chocolate cake.







We went to catch Emily of Emerald Hill, as our last Literature outing before the exams.

Shame if you haven't caught it, we finally got what the hype was about.

It's just Ivan Heng in the title role; him, and two chairs on either side of the stage.

By the way, the stage was a stage within a stage within a stage...sort of something out of Inception. check out Cheryl's pictures if you can.

Ivan Heng did what is called "breaking down the fourth wall" which is to actually interact with the audience and make them part of the play itself. Brilliant.

Thank god for my very basic knowledge of Malay, at least I knew what 'babi keluar' meant and wasn't left in the lurch. :(



But yeah, there's a lot of Malay and Mandarin slang used, but nonetheless, it was so gut-achingly funny I'm quite surprised I still managed to be very reserved in the theatre, and stay put in my seat.

(meaning that under normal circumstances I would have clapped my hands like a chimpanzee and ejected myself out of my seat.)



By the end, I think the play got my head because I was , how do you put it, stunned into silence; I think I was going to cry. Because, Emily _______ at the end (no, not dies, but probably off-screen?) and the entire scene was just so heartbreaking, I'm surprised people weren't crying when they exited the theatre, but complaining of the cold. (Bring a scarf, for god's sake.)




It was one of the best plays I've watched, and it was a dream come true, because I'd been wanting to watch EOEH ever since Primary 5, when I first heard of it.



Outside the Esplanade, we walked out...into a clear, bright day. Pictures above will have explained.



I don't remember feeling as high, or as free as I did that day. It was great to be out in the sunshine, with tons of photo ops. That's the important thing about being out with the people you treasure and love.



You've got to make memories.



After extensive phototaking, we walked down to One Fullerton, where tons of well-heeled people were out enjoyed the sunset on the river, having tea, drinks, talking and taking pictures. Gosh, I can't stop gushing about the weather, seemed to be just perfect for us. (alright, everyone)


Tea at Coffee Bean, and we walked back along the bridge.




Went to Citylink Mall, and gosh, we practically went berserk in HMV. I know it to be the biggest stockist of Kpop cds, and my favourite records from as back as 1965, hence my berserkness.

I ended up going straight to the Super Junior section..and calculated the total cost of all the CDs and DVDs if I were to buy them *$197*



Honestly,

just seeing those hard-to-find records gets me all buzzed up, like George Michael's Faith, Sade's Lovers Rock & Love Deluxe, Diana Ross's Touch Me In The Morning....it was like coming home to your physical iTunes library.

(sorry about the position, Cheryl just charmingly refused to rotate the picture on FB)
From there, we went to Hersheys'.
I don't have to tell you what ensued.
I was just controlling my urges because I was channeling all my energy into looking for chocolates to buy.

At around 8-ish, we took the train (ending up on the wrong lane) to Marina Bay, and back, all the way till Bukit Batok. Which actually guaranteed us seats for the entire journey, but a longer time to get home. Don't hate on us. It's called retribution, this reciprocal seat-hogging.
S4 Lit Class 2011, Iffah, Wen Kai, and Cheryl, it was great spending my Sunday with you guys.
I can't possibly express all that I wanted to say in just that sentence, but I know you guys know what I mean. :D
G

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


about
Gowri K

120195, BtVSS 2008-11, ELDDS Media & Publicity
British crowns, emerald green, champagne gold, pralines, Russell Brand

A R Rahman, SJ, Meryl Streep, Little Miss Sunshine :)
create &inspire.