aboutchatlinksarchives


Monday, March 28, 2011
The past week in points.. @ 4:20 AM

As the title suggests... 1. I got hit in the face by a volleyball.



Absent-mindedly thrown by someone who was incapable of picking it up and handing it to the teacher. He just HAD to throw it. And following the incident, I (a) know who my real friends are (b) have lost respect for the adults who were around at that time. I was very hurt by the incident, physically of course, but since this had a deeper meaning to it, emotionally as well.






I've no idea, but I've been hard-wired not to cry infront of friends. And obviously I'm a good actress when I'm in pain, because no one took notice or knew that it was all an act. They kept asking if I was okay, but it's easy to distinguish who's asking out of concern and who's asking out of curiosity. I think I can give myself that affirmation that I can distinguish these people. But the people whom I thought would be there for me, weren't. Instead they were talking about their own problems. If you really were my friend, you'd have known that I was trying not to let the hurt show, and you'd have bothered more than just a perfunctory 'you okay or not? your face is swollen.' Hello, I'm here with blood on my face, a probably-relocated (?) nose, and swollen cheekbones, and there you are, asking me if I'm mad at the person who threw the volleyball.





If i'm mad. Seriously people, no matter what my faults are, I'm still human, and I hurt! Of course I was bloody mad! It's just that I chose not to make it a big deal, and cause a fuss. And the person who threw the volleyball..you're damn lucky I didn't blow it up. Because it hurt like crap, and this is coming from a person who's been hit by a frisbee in the lower abdomen, and that's a no-zone for girls. More so I don't want to talk about the classmate whose primary concern was that I looked better without spectacles. It took sheer will for me not to give her a piece of her mind, because that meant hearing her voice right in my ear, because she would retaliate. Ugh. I really don't care if she's reading this. At least you know that there are people who won't hesitate to write about how they feel about you. No wonder we didn't click in the first place.






Anyway, Devaki put the situation in perspective for me later on, and I concluded that it was simply a case of 'wrong place, wrong time.' I have scars on my nose, and the area on my face is slightly tender, but I came away from the incident with a lot more than physical hurt.






2. I bought V-necked tops from Giordano.





The amount of gushing I have to do over this particular item of clothing...they do wonders for your physique. Well, the appropriate type of physique, if you know what I mean. Sadly, they didn't have them in grey, or burgundy, so I'd to settle with black, purple and green.





3. I miss debates.




The thrill, the anguish of preparing till 2am in the morning, the conversations with the team and our coach, our final dinner together, I miss it all.





4. Shuffling. I'm not as good yet, but it's looking decent.



5. I'm sick of Rebecca Black.




I think if you aren't..you ought to do something with yourself, and I didn't mean developing your vocabulary. On the way, and the way back, from Singapore Press Holdings, where we went for 2011's first Media Club Camp talk last Friday, my juniors were singing that godforsaken song. But I guess when they sing it, it doesn't sound as bad as RB. Really. It even sounds remotely adorable.





And shoutouts to Busyra, Nikitha and Niceline for pushing themselves out there to ask MTV VJ Holly Grabarek questions (she was the special guest at the camp). I did too; Niceline, Nikitha and I won gift packs from MTV... and Busyra...well her FB wall will tell you all... (winks) The random singing in class, the tumblr gifs..it's all too cloying. And I myself, listened to all 3minutes+ of the song just today, and gosh, I got ear-raped repeatedly. It really is that bad!!!! When Praval first made me listen to it, I couldn't last past - what? - 30 seconds? Ahh.. my second attempt, I just focused on the mental image of strawberries,chocolate fondant and butter naan.



_________________________________________________-






This week looks as nebulous as ever. Greetings to AM and EM. Oh, and sleep-inducing MT intensive. Ah...is anyone up for a talkshow? G

Labels: , , , , , , ,


about
Gowri K

120195, BtVSS 2008-11, ELDDS Media & Publicity
British crowns, emerald green, champagne gold, pralines, Russell Brand

A R Rahman, SJ, Meryl Streep, Little Miss Sunshine :)
create &inspire.