aboutchatlinksarchives


Wednesday, May 11, 2011
'mm on the nights when those stars are shining like tonight' @ 5:54 AM



It's surprising how much artistic freedom can do for immensely talented people. No wonder they say YG is a really good company. :)


The majority of the songs I've been listening to are from GD&TOP/Big Bang, for nearly three days (and counting).

- okay GD's version of This Love (yes, by Maroon 5) is playing in my ears.


I've been reading some articles on YG and how they handle their artistes, they really give them the freedom to produce, write and explore new genres with their music. And look what it's done. (looks up) I think they're the ones to change Kpop. I mean, the music so far from the idol groups, but I realize I've been hearing a lot of synth. Just listen to GD&TOP's album, and you'll know why I've been listening to them so much. A standout is the Intro (it contains a sample from an English song) and Oh Yeah (ft. Park Bom). Oh god, don't even get me started on that song. :) Just watch the performances and you'll know why.



And of course, the artistes themselves. I really did notice GD for this fashion. This coming from a person who's been known to go out with more than 5 rings on both hands. His energy is infectious, and when he's performing ' High High' it really looks like he IS that, HIGH. TOP too, his charisma spews out from my iPod screen. And when you put translated lyrics to their songs, you realize where their inspiration comes from, the phrasing of their lyrics, their intonation, sigh.



Rest assured, I'm not going anywhere from Super Junior. I still respect (and listen to) them. It's just that it's nice to listen to a breath of fresh air, something that kinda blows the cutesy stuff out of the water. People have got to reinvent kpop, before it turns into something that can be lampooned.



You Google, you Youtube,
You 'Save picture as'
To feed your fetish
You talk about them during lunch
Breakfast
And when your mouth isn't full
During dinner
But it's like breathing minted oxygen (?)
It's not like I can fight this 'spew' from me
But I'm...loving what I'm hearing.


- G

Labels: , , , ,


about
Gowri K

120195, BtVSS 2008-11, ELDDS Media & Publicity
British crowns, emerald green, champagne gold, pralines, Russell Brand

A R Rahman, SJ, Meryl Streep, Little Miss Sunshine :)
create &inspire.